Tips to Start Exercising
Be active and make exercise a regular part of your day, every day.
- Regular exercise and physical activity are important for physical and mental health and reduces symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Maintain weight.
- Reduce Blood Pressure, risk for type 2 diabetes, heart attack, stroke and some forms of cancer.
What can I do?
- Park far away from doors at your work, market, drug store.
- Take the stairs, not the elevator.
- Get up and walk around during the day.
- Walk during your lunch break and ask a co-worker to join you.
- Walk to and talk with someone at work in person instead of sending an email.
- If you take the bus, walk to the next stop or get off a stop early.
*Always check with your health care provider before starting an exercise program