Know Your Numbers...for a Healthy Heart
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Numerical value of your weight in relation to your height
If your BMI is:
Between and 25
Between and 29.9
30 or more
Overweight can lead to…..
- Heart disease.
- Increased blood pressure.
- Increased blood glucose.
- Increased LDL (bad) cholesterol and decreased HDL (good) cholesterol
- Increased risk of developing type 2 diabetes
Why is healthy weight important?
- Reduced risk for heart disease and certain cancers.
- Fewer joint and muscle pains.
- More energy.
- Better sleep patterns.
- Better regulation of bodily fluids and blood pressure.
What can you do?
- Be active.
- Stop smoking or using tobacco products.
- Physical activity.
- Eat healthy.
- Cook healthy.
Know Your Numbers For a Healthy Heart - English
Know Your Numbers For a Healthy Heart - Spanish/Español