Why do I need a flu shot?
- Can help you not get sick from the flu.
- Helps you be less sick if you get the flu.
- Reduces missed work and school.
- Reduces doctor visits.
Should I talk to my doctor before getting a flu shot?
- Yes, if you are allergic to eggs.
- Yes, if you are not feeling well.
- You CANNOT get the flu from a flu shot.
Side Effects – lasts 1 to 2 days
- Soreness, redness, or swelling, itching where the shot was given.
- Fever (low grade).
Flu Shots - English
Flu Shots - Spanish/Español