Who should be vaccinated?
- The shot series can be started at age 9
- 11 to 12 year olds should get two doses of HPV vaccine, second dose 6-12 months after the first dose
- Women through age 26 and men through age 21 should receive the HPV shots
Possible common side effects:
- Pain, redness, or swelling in the arm where the shot is given
- Headache or feeling tired
- Muscle or joint pain
Can I get help paying for the vaccine?
- The Vaccines for Children (VFC) program helps families of eligible children who might not otherwise have access to vaccines provides them at no cost children ages 17 and younger who are uninsured, AHCCCS eligible or American Indian/Alaska Native
HPV Vaccination – English
HPV Vaccination – Spanish/Español