How to Access Services
Note: If you believe you are in a life threatening situation, call 911. If you are in need of crisis services, please contact our Crisis Services Provider: 866-495-6735.
How do I start services?
To start services, you must first be seen at one of our Intake Agencies. To find an agency, you can contact our Customer Care Center by calling 866-495-6738, or search for one using our provider search.
During your First Appointment
- Be ready to provide your picture ID, AHCCCS card, your Social Security card, a list of present or past medications and the name of your family doctor.
- Arrive at the provider agency 30 minutes early to start filling out basic paperwork for your Intake and Assessment Meeting. Your name, address, phone number, etc...
- Feel free to bring a family member or friend with you for support.
- After the Intake/Assessment, you may be referred to another agency depending on your needs.
- A Case Manager will be assigned to help you receive all your services. We want you to understand that we are here to help you meet all of your behavioral health needs.
- Remember to let your regular medical doctor or primary care physician (PCP) know that you are receiving services.
Working with the Provider Agency
Be ready to spend about two hours with an intake evaluator. They will help meet your behavioral health needs. They may ask about your family history. They want to help you find strengths and skills that will help you recover. Providers are bound by strict rules to keep your data private. What you tell your provider helps them create the right treatment plan for you. These questions will help you and the agency staff develop a plan to meet your behavioral health needs. Expect to be treated with respect. Expect to have all your questions answered. If you feel that your needs were not met, please call our Customer Care Center at:866-495-6738
The covered services available to you or your family member include, but are not limited to:
- Help with counseling
- Case management
- Transportation to medically necessary appointments
- Visits with a prescriber to help develop a treatment plan
- Services for children and adults
- And much more!
For a complete list of covered services visit our Benefits Overview Page. You can also access a list of community agencies on our site.
Do you need urgent services?
Sometimes you need help right away but it isn't a life-threatening emergency and you do not want to go to the emergency room at the hospital. Cenpatico has providers who can see you right away. Below are some options you can use. You do not need to call or request permission from us. If you have questions, or need help in deciding where to go, please call our customer care center at 866-495-6738 or TDD/TTY at 877-613-2076. Someone is available to help you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you are in crisis, please call our crisis line at 866-495-6738.